Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PLUMBIMNG HAND TOOLS TIP:

The Garden Hose Trick

I'm going to talk about a neat hand tool to have around the home below but before I do check out this tip from your home hand tools blog. So your sink is plugged or your toilet won't flush. You tried the plunger and all those drain cleaners that are met for maintenance. If you don't have the right hand tools it may be time to call the plumber or maybe try this.

Run a snake which is what your local plumber would do. You say you don't have that hand tool! Well you could still save a few bucks by just buying one and have it around the home for future use.

Now I want to be her4e for you for you, and before you do that here's another possible way to save you some of your hard $$$$ earned money around your home.

Before I tell you how and get a e-mail I know this may not work for you folks in high rise buildings or apartments since you may not have a hose handy. I also know you folks out there are clever and could find a way it may work for you! You decide! Some short cuts just will not work for everybody.

I've used this method for many years with my rental properties with out needing all of the plumbing hand tools out there and its saved me a lot of money because it usually works.

You might not consider your garden hose a hand tool until it saves you money. You will need some help to do this though you can do it your self because I have.

Bring your connected garden hose into the house and put it into the plugged drain or toilet bowel or what ever is not draining. Wrap it with soft cotton like a T shirt so you have a tight seal around the opening. Get it wet first to help your seal. Turn on the hose and hold it there with all your strength and do not let the water back up toward you. In most cases the water pressure will blow out the obstruction.

If the water backed up try it a couple more times. Some plumbers out there might not be happy with me but at
http://www.dmseeleystools.com/ we will suggest their help when their expertise is your best choice.

May your drains run free and you save some $$$.

Denny


No comments: